Fight Gravity with the Body Max IT6000
When it comes to reducing the effects of gravity and age on your back, you can visit physiotherapists and chiropractors and empty your wallet trying to find relief. Fortunately inversion therapy is available at home in the form of inversion tables, and can be a very cost-effective way to find some pain relief each day.
The effect of inversion is to stretch and relax your back muscles, and reduce the pressure on ligaments and nerve roots, thereby giving you some much needed relief.
BodyFlex Sports, who have been around for 15 years now and have developed a good reputation, have designed a range of inversion tables that are well priced and reliable.
The Body Max IT6000 Inversion Therapy Table is one model that fits this description well, and when used for a few minutes daily can reduce stress, neck and back pain, and general muscle aches.
While inversion won’t make you taller (as one naïve buyer of this table thought!), it can bring real pain relief. Inversion tables often may not cure the problem that causes the pain, however many people remark how it helps them immensely, and relieves their back tension for a less painful life.
Build Quality & Assembly
The frame is constructed from a durable steel tube frame, providing a solid base, and the table bed is also made with tubular steel, and is covered by a stretched tough nylon fabric which provides quite a comfortable backrest.
Most people find the Body Max IT600 relatively easy to put together out of the box, and assembly generally takes between 20 – 40 minutes depending on your handyman skills. Most of the main bolts are already screwed -up finger-tight in the correct holes, making it easier to know what goes where. One thing that will make construction easier is to use your own tools rather than the cheap ones that come in the box.
Although this inversion table comes at a bargain price, some people have been surprised at the build quality of this machine, and the quality is certainly better than many cheap inversion table currently on the market.
As with all Body Max inversion tables, the Body Max IT6000 is very sturdy in use, with no wobbling or unsteadiness, and has a strong frame that can safely hold up to 250 pounds. The frame is probably strong enough to hold more weight than this; however for a completely safe experience we never recommend exceeding the weight limit.
If you need an inversion table in a similar price range that can hold more weight, then check out our Ironman Gravity 1000 review, or for a more expensive option that holds even more weight
have a look at the popular Ironman Gravity 4000.
Ankle Locking System
The Ankle lock is constructed from a spring-loaded pin that is very easy to adjust to the correct size. There are four high-density foam rollers that hold your ankles from front to back, and we
always recommend wearing some thick socks and comfortable shoes to make it more comfortable.
As with virtually all inversion tables, some people find it hurts their feet/ankles – particularly when doing more extreme angle inversions. One buyer of the IT 6000 found that some foam tubing purchased from Lowes was perfect for some extra padding; they simply cut it to fit around their ankles.
Height & Tilt Adjustment
The Body Max IT6000 inversion table comes with a height range of 4 foot 9 inches to 6 foot 8 inches, which is sufficient for most people, and is easily adjustable with its deluxe dual-pin system. Just look at the height markings and set the length accordingly – just note that you may need to adjust it an inch or so shorter or longer than your height to find the right balance point for your body.
Once you have the height set correctly you will find the table tilts back smoothly simply by moving your arms above your head. There is a safety strap included that lets you control the desired maximum angle, and also a safety lock for when the table is not in use.
Dimensions / Storage
The IT6000 folds for easy storage, and the folded dimensions are 72 x 29 x 18 inches (LxWxH). You may not be able to fit the folded machine under a bed, but it doesn’t take up too much room when propped against a wall.
At a weight of 48 pounds, the Body Max IT6000 isn’t too heavy to move around, and is lighter than many of the inversion tables that have a solid foam-covered backrest.
- Dimensions 55L x 29W x 55H inches
- Folded Dimensions 72L x 29W x 18H inches
- User Height 4 ft. 9 in. – 6 ft. 8 in.
- Weight Capacity 250 lbs.
- Weight of Machine 48 lbs.
- Inversion Range 140 degrees
- Comfortable nylon backboard material
- Easy, quick, pull-pin adjustment system
- Durable steel frame construction
- The Table locks in place when not in use
A majority of people say this is a great inversion table for the price.
A very steady table, and does everything it is advertised to do.
Isn’t too heavy, and is easy to move when folded up for storage.
Some people say the table is not too comfortable, and that they can feel the metal bars of the bed frame.
The non-skid pad on the footrest tends to rub off easily, but most users say it is not really necessary anyway.
Editor Opinions on Body Max IT6000 Inversion Therapy Table Review
Our surveys says who have purchased the Body Max IT6000 gave it 4.3 out of 5 , and there are over 200 participants – showing how popular this table really is.
- Assembly was pretty easy, the bolts are already in the holes they go in, so that saves time looking to see which one you need. Put together it seems pretty sturdy. I had it put together in less than an hour by my self.
- Knowing these things can run upwards of $300-400 I was expecting something of less quality when I ordered this $119.00 unit. I am pleasantly surprised with the sturdiness and construction of this table. I would recommend it to all my family and friends.
- I am 6’6″ 245lbs and it works for me. My wife is 5’7″ and it works for her. Once in a while my teenage kids will give it a spin. It’s comfortable, nothing jabbing you in the back and is just what I hoped for when I ordered.
- The table works fine and seems to be good quality. It’s fairly easy to move from room to room, even for a 5’3″ person, and both me at 5’3″ and my boyfriend at 6′ have found comfortable settings on the table and are able to upright ourselves with no trouble.
BodyFlex Sports covers the IT6000 with a 1-year frame, 90-days parts warranty under normal useage conditions.